Description of the Course
Selective dorsal rhizotomy is one of the methods of treating lower limb spasticity. The operation involves cutting a selected part of sensory fibers running in the dorsal roots of spinal nerves. As a result of the cut, we reduce the number of sensory impulses reaching the spinal cord, which in turn reduces the number of motor impulses going to the muscles, thereby reducing spasticity.
After SDR surgery, constant intensive physiotherapy is recommended in order to fully utilize the child's potential that arises after reducing spasticity. An intensive therapy plan, individually tailored to the child, allows for improvement in terms of: speed and quality of gait, balance, coordination, position changes such as sitting and standing, and psychophysical development.
Goals of the Course
- Instruction and education in functional training, long-term therapy planning
- Improvement in muscle strength
- Improvement in motor coordination and balance
- Maintenance and improvement of range of motion
- Preparation of a long-term therapy plan including post-operative time
- Improvement in the child's locomotion
- Selection of orthopedic equipment (orthoses, walkers, crutches, and others)
- Evaluation of the functional state using GMFCS, GMFM
- Functional electrostimulation (wireless) using rectangular currents NMES FES
- Gallileo platform
- Water treadmill
- NDT Bobath
- Manual therapy
- Soft tissue therapy
- Sensory integration
- Treadmill training/ treadmill with suspension/electronic stairs training
- Exercise casts/ serial casting
- Scar therapy
- Gallileo platform
- Functional electrostimulation (wireless)
- Water treadmill / treadmill with suspension
- Stair trainer
- Verticalization devices
- Prodrobot/ Innowalk
- Olinek Suit/ Spider Suit
- 3 weeks
- 2 x 2h of daily individualized movement physiotherapy sessions
- 1h water treadmill / 1h prodrobot or innowalk (depending on functional state)
When purchasing a rehabilitation course package (5 therapies x 15 days), a 10% discount off the full price of the course is available.
There is the possibility to individually arrange a rehabilitation program adjusted to the needs and abilities of the patient.
We reserve the right to change the number of hours and type of therapy based on the evaluation of the functional condition and consultation with the caregiver.* The condition for the promotional price is the completion of all therapy hours during the course.
We recommend an individual consultation with a physiotherapist before starting the course in order to plan the therapy. Please bring your current medical documentation (MRI, hip X-rays).